R-Studio for Mac recovers files
- Removed by virus attack or power failure;
- After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;
- Deleted from computer;
- When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio for Mac can scan the hard disk trying to find previously existing partitions and recover files from found partitions.
- From hard disk with bad sectors. R-Studio for Mac can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process the image file. This is especially useful when new bad sectors are constantly appearing on the hard disk, and remaining information must be immediately saved.
New in version 4.x
- S.M.A.R.T. attribute monitoring. R-Studio can display S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes for hard drives to show their hardware health and predict their possible failures. Any unnecessary work with such hard drives should be avoided if S.M.A.R.T. warnings appear.
- Support for HFS+ hardlinks to folders.
- GUI languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portugal, Russian,Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Japanese.
- Automatic RAID parameter recognition. R-Studio can recognize all RAID parameters for RAID 5 and 6. This feature helps the user to solve one of the most difficult problems in RAID recovery - RAID parameter recognition.
- Support for new RAID levels: RAID10 (1+0), RAID1E, RAID5E, RAID5EE, and RAID6E.
- Support for parity delays in all applicable RAID layouts.
- The interface language can be changed on-the-fly.
New in version 3.x
- Simultaneous image creation and scan. Now R-Studio for Mac can create an image and, at the same time, scan the data from the image. As a result, two files are created at the same place: an image file and file with the scan info.
- File Recovery Lists: lists of files from disks that can be exported out of R-Studio for Mac, manually edited, than imported back, and files from those lists will be automatically marked for recovery. Such lists are very useful if you want someone who is far away to decide which files are to recover.
- RAID consistency check: you may check whether the parity blocks on a RAID are valid.
- Image and scan info files may be saved on and load from, remote computers. This helps R-Studio for Mac to avoid transferring large data volumes over network during network recovery.
New in version 2.x
- RAID 6 support, including Reed-Solomon and Vertical XOR. Support for custom-specified RAID 6 layouts.
- Support for exFAT and Ext4 FS file systems.
- Advanced object copy. In addition to byte to byte copy of any object visible in the Drives panel, smart copy of partitions and hard drives with size and offset adjustment is available.
R-Studio for Mac features
- Host OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6, Mac OS 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS Server 10.5 Tiger, Mac OS 10.5 Leopard and Mac OS Server 10.5 Leopard running on a computer with Intel, PowerPC G5 or PowerPC G4 processors.
- Supported file systems: HFS, HFS+, HFSX, FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, Ext2 FS, Ext3 FS, Ext4 FS, UFS1, UFS2 and UFS BigEndian.
- Data recovery over the Network*. Files can be recovered on network computers running Win95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7, Macintosh, Linux and UNIX.
- * R-Studio for Mac Network version only.
- Support for known file types. R-Studio for Mac searches for files with known typical features of their structures allowing the user to search for files on devices with unknown files systems, including an HD, CD, DVD, floppy disk, Compact Flash Card, USB drive, ZIP drive, Memory Sticks, and other removable media. Support for known file types is the main and mandatory option for recovery data from HFS, HFS+ partitions.
- Expandable Known File Types. New file signatures can be added to the list of known file types by the end user.
- File Sorting. Found files and folders can now be easily sorted by the original structure, file extension or file creation/modification time.
- Scan process visualization. While scanning an object, R-Studio Mac graphically shows items that have been found, including files of known types, HFS/HFS+ volume headers, HFS/HFS+ BTree+ nodes, FAT and NTFS MFT records, boot records, etc.
- Mass file recovery support.
- APM, Basic and GPT support. R-Studio for Mac supports all three partition schemes used to define the low-level organization of data on disks formatted for use with Macintosh computers.
- Dynamic disk support.
- HFSJ and HFSX volumes support.
- Software RAID, volume set, and stripe set support. Support for various unusual RAID configurations. Parameters like block size and order, offsets, and even the number of stripe blocks can be explicitly specified. Custom RAID configurations can be saved.
- Hardware RAID, volume set, and stripe set support.
- Creates image files for an entire hard drive, logical disk, or its part. Such image files can be processed like regular disks. Images can be either simple exact object copies (Plain images) compatible with the previous versions of R-Studio, or compressed images that can be compressed, split into several parts, and password-protected. Such images are fully compatible with the images created by R-Drive Image, but incompatible with the previous versions of R-Studio.
- Recovers files on damaged or deleted partitions.
- Recovers data forks, resource forks, finder information and UNIX file system permissions.
- Recovers compressed, encrypted files and alternative data streams from NTFS partitions.
- Recognizes localized names.
- Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks visible by the host operating system.
- A hexadecimal disk and file editor supporting HFS/HFS+ data forks, resource forks and NTFS file non-resident attribute editing.
- Patterns (or templates) in the hexadecimal editor allowing for parsing the data according to specific data structure. Such patterns may be custom-created.
- File preview. Most of the graphic file types can be previewed to estimate recovery chances.
For Local and Network Recovery
R-Studio for Mac run in the demo mode allows you to evaluate how the utility recovers lost files. The only limitation is you can not recover files larger than 64KB in the demo mode.
R-Studio for Mac is registered on on-the-fly and no reinstallation required. Depending on the registration key the software is activated to local or network version. Most of the image files can be previewed when R-Studio for Mac is run in the demo mode. If a found image file is larger than 64KB you may simply double click the file to view it. If you are satisfied with the file content you may buy the R-Studio for Mac license, register the software and recover the file right away.
You may download the software version depending on your computing platform to avoid transferring and installation of unnecessary components.
Service Utilities for Local Recovery
R-Studio Emergency ISO Image is used to create R-Studio Emergency * startup CD. To create the startup CD you should use any disk burning utility to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO Image. You may download R-Studio Emergency ISO for PowerPC-based New World Macintosh (since 2001) and compatible UNIX computers/servers or for Intel-based Macintosh, Windows, Linix and UNIX computers/servers.
* R-Studio Emergency is included in R-Studio package but its activation key is generated separately and requires a hardware code obtaining. The activation key can be requested through Registered User's Console within one year from the date of purchase.
Service Utilities for Network Recovery
R-Studio Agent for Mac is installed on computers where files are to be recovered over network.
R-Studio Agent for Mac supports the TCP/IP protocol.
R-Studio Agent Emergency ISO Image is used to create R-Studio Agent Emergency startup CD. To create the startup CD you should use any disk burning utility to burn a CD from the downloaded ISO Image.
You may download R-Studio Agent Emergency ISO for PowerPC-based New World Macintosh (since 2001) and compatible UNIX computers/servers or for Intel-based Macintosh, Windows, Linix and UNIX computers/servers.
* Five (5) R-Studio Agent Emergency registration keys are included in R-Studio for Mac Network package.