New Features of 3.0 - 4.5
- Added ELSA
MicroLink Office support for Independent Mode.
- Added support for Diamond Multimedia voice command set.
- asyncio.library is used (if available) when transferring files via
XPR libraries (BBS transmissions).
- The check for files stored inside the modem memory will be performed
only once when STFax is started, instead of each time the serial device is opened.
- The viewer will open using the last used scaling factor.
- Unterstützung für das Elsa
Microlink Office Modem im Unabhängigen Modus wurde hinzugefügt.
- Unterstützung der Diamond Multimedia Voice-Kommandos wurden
- Bei der Datenübertragung an Mailboxen per XPR-Libraries wird
die asycio.library (falls vorhanden) verwendet.
- Es wird nicht mehr bei jedem Öffnen des Serial.devices, eine
Überprüfung des Speichers des Modems auf Daten durchgeführt, sondern es wird nur noch beim Starten
des Programms geprüft
- Der Fax-Anzeiger speichert nun seine zuletzt benutzte Skalierung.
- New message set: ~60 professional recorded messages.
- Added Microphone gain control to speakerphone windows.
- Much improved Remote Access system.
- Much improved Fax on demand system.
- Added background printing.
- Added auto-forward of incoming faxes.
- You can play a sample when a new fax/file/message arrives in a certain folder.
- Added fax filters.
- STFax will now import voice files using GSM compression for USRobotics modems. Expect a _great_
quality improvement :)
- The text of the fax is saved along with the converted data, thus allowing later re-edit.
- Brand new Send Fax window: it replaces the schedule fax and edit window as well.
- Added internal WAVE loading routine (for PCM waves only: it will fall-back to datatypes for
- Fixed printing from the viewer.
- Fixed rotation in the viewer.
- Fixed IFF-ILBM saving.
- Fixed bug in the sample import function.
- Fixed mini BBS in DATA ONLY and VOICE/FAX/DATA mode.
- Fixed corruption problem with faxes downloaded from the Pace Solo memory.
- The fax viewer is now an independent program.
- Added Distinctive Ring support.
- Reorganised the settings requester.
- Moved voice prefs inside the prefs requester.
- Reworked messages section in the prefs.
- Reworked voice boxes section in the prefs.
- Moved BBS prefs inside the prefs requester.
- Reworked the BBS settings.
- Expiration time can be set per account and per folder now (fax/voice/data/messages).
- Auto-print can be set per account.
- Removed the 'Received' folder: incoming faxes are dispatched into the accounts' fax folders.
Unfiltered faxes will go into the Incoming account.
- Changed the main listtree layout.
- The status gadget in the main window will display the number of unread messages/faxes/data files.
- You can press * at any time to go back to the previous menu in the voice script.
- Added drag'n'drop to move items between folders.
- Added "Trash" folder.
- New icons set.
- New About window :)
- Added toolbar to the Answer window.
- Added Mute/Unmute gadget to the Answer window.
- Added Transfer call gadget to the Answer window.
- Added toolbar to the Dial window.
- Added Mute/Unmute gadget to the Dial window.
- Added the TRANSFER CALL script command.
- Added toolbar to the Call operator window.
- Improved the CALL OP script command: it's now possible to specify a reason which will be shown
to the operator; it's possible to redirect the caller when he calls the op; the Call operator window offer more
- Added the REMOTE ACCESS script command: now Remote
- Access can be enabled *only* from the script.
- New Status window: it also replaces the old Send fax window. The window can always be kept open,
- Viewer: added "Open..." menu item.
- Added "Borderless buttons" option.
- STFax.datatype requires STFax.library.
- Recompiled STFax.datatype with StormC.
- The phonebook is now a stand-alone program.
- Phonebook: re-designed the GUI.
- Phonebook: added groups handling.
- Phonebook: added Find.
- Phonebook: added some extra fields.
- Added Win-style toolbars.
- Added CManager.mcc support.
- Added ScanQuix support.
- Better handling of corrupted fax files.
- Fixed crash after polling.
- Fixed problem with Solo modems setting S0=3 after AT+VIP.
- Auto Answer works again even with Shared on. *Pay attention* to what you do when they are bot
- Fixed bug: the ring counter didn't reset if the answer procedure was aborted after the first
- Fixed bug: hanging up too early when manually answering an incoming call could lead to a crash.
- Fixed Enforcer Hits during image->fax conversion.
- Reduced baud rate when downloading faxes from the Message Plus/Pro modem.
- Added experimental support for ADPCM-2 sample format for USRobotics modems (should give better
results): you can enable it using the USEADPCM2 tooltype/CLI argument. Please note that you can't convert samples
to voice messages or viceversa when you use this setting.
- The fax viewer uses FastMem to store the fax bitmap.
- Added "IGNORESPKPHONEERR" argument as a workaround for a bug in some SupraExpress
336 V+ modems.
- Added a workaround for ELSA Microlink ISDN/TL v.34 TA's, which have problems with the +FAA command.
- Added Caller ID info parsing for the ELSA Microlink format.
- Added CID name parsing.
- Added "Receive Fax" button to the speakerphone windows.
- When setting the init string, other settings will be changed according to the chosen modem type.
- STFax searches for the caller name in the CManager database too.
- Added recognition of Kortex Adaptix modems.
- Increased the maximum length for the "Send to" gadget in the Send Fax window, thus
making possible to send a fax to more recipients.
- When sending a fax to multiple recipients a cover will be created if the phonebook entry is
set so or if the Make Cover gadget in the Send Fax window
- is ticked.
- Fixed bug when closing the Message Plus messages window.
- Fixed a timing problem in the Class 1 engine: now you should be able to send/receive faxes without
having to set Log to Debug.
- Fixed: wrong size for saved WAVs.
- Fixed: the printer driver created broken documents if printing more than 2-4 pages.
- The viewer keeps the current scale when changing page.
- Added "Call Monitor" option to Prefs/Modem.
- Added "CALLMONITOR" ARexx command.
- Printer driver: now it recognizes printer.device v42.50 correctly.
- Printer driver: if STFax isn't running, it'll be started.
- Added DATA ONLY mode.
- Added "GETCALLERID" ARexx command.
- Added "GETCALLERNAME" ARexx command.
- USR Message Pro is recognized.
- More accurate fax reception speed report.
- Fixed: the Test function in the voice script panel didn't use the current value of the PlayTo
cycle gadget in the Messages page.
- Fixed Remote Access problems.
- Fixed problem with the MENU command.
- Fixed bug: the viewer could crash if there wasn't enough memory when going to another page.
- Fixed: the Independent mode menu didn't open the right requester on USR Modems.
- Fixed: the volume slider in the speakerphone window now works on Pace and USR modems too.
- Fixed: Prefix string setting wasn't saved.
- Added support for Pace Solo modems.
- Added support for USR Message Plus modems.
- STFax aborts the message recording operation automatically when you pick the telephone handset
up (if your modem supports this feature).
- Added "View Fax" button to the Send Fax window.
- Added "Phonebook" button to the Send Fax window.
- Added Print section among the Preferences.
- Added Prt Driver On/Off hooks.
- Added support for Contact Manager.
- Added "Hang up" flag to the RECORD MSG command.
- Added caller's name in the Status window.
- Added "Play new messages" function.
- Added setting to control STFax's behaviour upon the reception of a RTN frame.
- Fixed: the setting "Max message duration" is now saved.
- Fixed (really :) Play File in the Call Operato command was not saved.
- Improved the behaviour of the RECORD MSG command when forcing the message to go into a specified
- Changed the separator character from ',' to ';' in the Send Fax window as ',' is used by the
- Fixed: Add to phonebook for voice messages put the number in the fax field.
- Fixed some problems with the speakerphone window.
- Fixed a problem with the phonebook.
- Fixed some gadget hotkey conflicts.
- Highly improved sound quality with USRobotics modems.
- Added AHI support to play messages.
- Added the option to configure the time-out for menu commands (MENU, CHOOSE BOX and RECORD MSG)
- Added option to force the use of a specific voice box in the RECORD MSG command.
- Added option to play a personalized user greeting based on Caller ID.
- Added option to execute an ARexx script in the CALL OPERATOR script command.
- Added AREXX SCRIPT script command.
- Added "DIAL" ARexx command.
- Added "GETLASTMESSAGE" ARexx command.
- Added Voice/Ring/HangUp Hooks.
- Added "LOADONCE" ToolType & Shell arg: it won't let you to load STFax twice.
- Added the option to use an external program to play samples.
- Added: the toolbar gadgets react to drag'n'drop.
- Added: silence detection and compression can be turned off.
- Added "EDIT" argument to the "SEND" ARexx command.
- Added "Intercept" button to the Status Window to let you abort STFax and pick up the
call from your telephone.
- Added View Log window.
- Added Call Screening.
- Added option to log the requests to the Fax on demand system.
- Added multiselection to the main window listview.
- Fax class 1.0 is used when available instead of class 1.
- Fixed bug: after testing a voice script with the Test Window the modem could be desynced.
- The viewer doesn't use border gadgets with a MUI version <= 3.8 in order to avoid a bug of
- When converting a sample to voice the '*' in front of default messages wasn't removed.
- Fixed possible problems when using DTR Hangup.
- Fixed bug: when receiving a fax the resolution wasn't taken into account in class 2/2.0 mode.
Thus, normal resolution faxes were printed at half their height.
- The Device gadget in the prefs window shows the ROM/AutoConfig devices too.
- Fixed bug: the class 1 sender failed to send a fax if the remote station resolution differed
from the transmitter's one.
- Fixed a small error in the Italian catalog.
- Fixed bug: in Class 1 mode STFax didn't send the DCN frame after the last page, causing the
remote machine to report a Phase D error.
- Fixed a problem with ZyXEL 2864 modems.
- Added the "Script commands reference" to the guide.
- Fixed "AUTOANSWER ON" not working properly.
- Small fixes and changes.
- When recording a voice sample locally STFax ignored the "Max voice message duration"
prefs and always used a timeout of 5 minutes.
- The viewer displays the fax with black & white colors also with OS 2.04.
- Increased stack size to 30 Kb since MUI needed more stack on some configurations.
- Increased the fax decoding speed when viewing a fax.
- STFax didn't close the serial port when the DSR signal was not found.
- ReqTools.library is no longer used.
- It could be possible that STFax didn't show the new messages in the listviews under some circumstances.
- Added company name and phone number in the header line put in top of every fax page sent.
- Now the font requester in Prefs/Fax allows you to choose a font greater than 24 points (max
height is now set to 300).
- Added "File" source in the messages panel to convert a sample into a voice file for
the modem. Datatype are used when available, otherwise only 8SVX iff files can be imported.
- Fixed bug: printer prefs were screwed up if the "Printer driver" menu was set at startup.
This caused the "Cannot open printer.device" problem.